The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Rosie: You Have Got to Be Kidding

http://www.cbs.com/specials/riding_the_bus_with_my_sister/

Watch the clips! This could be the greatest Hallmark Hall of Fame comedy CBS has ever had the undeserved pleasure of broadcasting, with the possible exception of SARA PLAIN AND TALL. First the wife dies, Glen Close replaces her and for the remaining hour and 47 minutes, life on the prarie is slapstick, slapstick, slapstick! Rosie will indeed be nominated for an Emmy, which she's clearly fishing for here. But her category will be "Funniest Embarrassing Female Lead in a Film That Was Supposed to be Serious." Rosie, only Elizabeth Berkley knows how you will feel once this shitfest has aired. I hope she's able to console you. No one will ever take either of you seriously again. Ever.

Personally, I'd rather take a stab at humiliating myself playing a stripper. I mean, how guilty could I feel poorly representing the stripper community? But the retards? They need help, love and respect. So, to humiliate them by way of a shite performance is a mortal sin. The only thing that's meaner than making fun of retards is making fun of retards when you're trying really, really hard not to.

The lone upside, other than the tears of laughter that will stream down the faces of every viewer? Andie MacDowell won't be the one chewing the scenery. Congrats, Andie. You got out-sucked, finally.

I cannot wait to watch this. I already bought my adult diaper.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Tuesday, April 26, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!