The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Monday, June 06, 2005

Flakes a Plenty

I do not have dandruff. I repeat, I do not have dandruff.

My head is peeling from the sunburn I got last weekend. It's NOT dandruff. It could never be dandruff. Anyone who knows me can confirm that I have an amazingly geyser-like oily scalp. Someone could bottle this stuff. It's so oily that if I go 24 hours without a shower, I am then able to grab a comb, run it through my hair and the precise tracks traveled by the comb's teeth are visible from root to end. So, should you run into me in the next couple days, don't go thinking it's dandruff. I burnt my head right where I part my hair. What burns must peel. Therefore, my head is just peeling. You only see peel, NOT DANDRUFF.

For the curious: If you're at all interested in knowing how sunburn on the scalp feels, ask a bald guy. And if he won't tell you, the next time you burn anything, just a little, drag a bristly brush over that throbbing pink skin.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Monday, June 06, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!