The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm Not Trying to Make You Cry. I Can't Help It. I'm Funny and You're Not.

Dearest Fans, Stalkers, Friends, Humiliated Family Members (HI, MOM!) and Cute-Girl-I-Met-at-Catty-Shack-on-Saturday-Whose-Phone-Number-I-Didn't-Get:

I've got a busy mo' fo' week or two coming up and I fear that the blog will suffer. Please be patient with The Shan as she juggles an International Licensing Show with Pride Week.

  • I just finished a salad the size of Mahatma Gandhi. I also mention what I eat way too frequently in my blog entries. Why is that? Remind me to ask my shrink or do some spiritual work on that.
  • Stop by the Pride Rally in Bryant Park this Sunday. I am volunteering for Heritage of Pride, so come join the soiree and say HI. Praise my altruism or give me a quick massage. I will either be backstage or selling merchandise. And NO! BECAUSE YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY AFFORD THIS JELLY.
  • In case you love me as much as I do: I will be performing at THE DUPLEX this evening @ 7 p.m. And tomorrow--6/16-- at 7 p.m. I have a gig (that's comedy lingo for 'show') at Stand Up New York. It's in the W. 70s or something, one of those uptown neighborhoods that give me a nosebleed. And not b/c I snorted rails all day.
  • Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care...about time? (I will buy you a six pack of the beverage of your choice if you can name that tune.)
  • I went to a panel discussion this week called "Out Loud and Funny" or something like that, and it included several gay comedians. No, I didn't attempt to shoot any of them for their vulgar lifestyle. I was laughing too hard to steady my scope. No use in wasting bullets if you're not gonna hit a queer between the eyes. Anyhow, one of the questions proposed to the panel---which I secretly should have been a part of b/c I am a lot more funny than most of those 'mos, epecially Reno. Sorry Reno, you're not funny. You're just nuts---dealt with the fact that many people consider comedians to be MEAN. And I thought it was a fascinating question, one that I have recently been exploring in depth. Well, that's not entirely true. At first I thought that the stupid, ugly bitches to whom I refused entry into my sorority would ask precisely such a moronic, touchy-feely question. Then I made a snide comment to one of my friends insinuating that lesbians have the worst hair of any minority, sub-group, faction or clan in the history of womynkind. But I digress...When my Red Hot and Popular schedule cools off, expect a blog entry on said topic.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Wednesday, June 15, 2005

3 Comments:

  • Samantha,

    First, I owe you a six pack. Second, I think I love your flute playing aunt.

    My Pete Cetera associations are this: His voice makes me teary. He and Cher did that duet, AFTER ALL, for the movie 'Chances Are.' Everytime I hear it, I bawl. And I also cry everytime I hear him sing IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW, which I believe is from Chicago X. I wish he was still touring with the band. B/c the fake Peter Cetera they have now, sucks, tho he tries really hard.

    Chicago was one of the best gifts my father ever gave me.

    By Blogger Shannon E. Ennis, at 11:04 AM  

  • I'm supposed to be registering lezmos to vote at Pride, from noon on. I volunteered in order to meet people but now I'm not so sure I want to consort with idiots who aren't registered by now. What gaybian didn't vote in November? I think you're choice is a lot better.

    By Blogger claudia, at 5:13 PM  

  • Claud,
    Dude, you're so right. But your motives were OK: get people to vote to get ass. Brilliant! But, yeah, now you're stuck w/ 'mos who don't vote yet constantly bitch about the state of politics in this country. I LOVE THEM. I LOVE TO LOATHE THEM. Maybe some gorgeous, socially responsible hottie will think you noble and fascinating for having assumed the responsibility to further include your family in issues that directly affect them. Then again, you may end up helping some dufus spell his name correctly.

    By Blogger Shannon E. Ennis, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!