The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Thursday, June 23, 2005

It's Alive! It's Alive!

Two things, bitches.

As I re-read yesterday's hostile yet vulnerable posting, I came to realize that I--wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles--have feelings. I've been adept at avoiding them my whole life. I can bury them, run from them, mock them, ignore them or sleep through them. Every once in a while, tho, they perform a sneak attack resulting in stomach cramps and diarrhea. But that's it. So this whole "feeling my feelings" shite is a completely new process. I'm a real boy!

It's Pride Weekend! The Shan is celebrating by sharing her funny. I am performing for HIVentertainment at two of their events. I encourage you to stop by, clap, laugh, drink, donate and not pee in the corner. For more information: http://www.hivenyc.com/

FRIDAY, JUNE 24TH @ HEAVEN (6TH AVE. BTWN. 16TH AND 17TH ST.)

It's a big gay fun house from 6-10 pm. Suggested donation of $3, DJ, prize giveaways, drink specials all night and a 20-25 minute set from your favorite pixie, lesbienne comedienne around 9:15. I plan to rock them like a hurricane and blow the tits off the joint. Bring your kids. They could win a butt plug.

Saturday, June 25th @ O.W. (221 E. 58th St. btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave.)

Is there anything gayer than a gay BBQ? They're grilling meat and sausage and hot dogs from 2-6 p.m. Again, come and get some sizzling meat, sausage and hot dogs. $1,000 worth of Prizes, including iPods! Drink specials, too! With yours truly as Mistress of Ceremonies. Suggested donation of $3. Don't forget the meat, people. Free meat.

See you there.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Thursday, June 23, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!