The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hairball

Work has occupied my time this week. Almost all if it. It's not that I don't love my gazillion loyal fans, it's just that I haven't had an opportunity to blog it out lately. Be patient. Or don't. Go kick someone's ass and blame it on 'roid rage or your Uncle Cracker who used to put cigarettes out on your bare ass.

I'm going to see Augusten Burroughs, my Obi Wan, this evening. Until then...

"Sell crazy some place else. We're all stocked up here."
--From what movie?

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Tuesday, July 19, 2005

3 Comments:

  • The same movie as....
    "Never, never, interrupt me, okay? Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint. Even then, don't come knocking. Or, if it's election night, and you're excited and you wanna celebrate because some fudgepacker that you date has been elected the first queer president of the United States and he's going to have you down to Camp David, and you want someone to share the moment with. Even then, don't knock. Not on this door. Not for ANY reason. Do you get me, sweetheart?"
    -As Good As It Gets.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM  

  • EXCELLENT WORK, ANONYMOUS. If I had your mad skills, I'd publish my name and to let everyone know what a brilliant allusionist I am.

    ONE MORE FOR POSTERIORITY:
    "Some [people] have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just, no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good."

    By Blogger Shannon E. Ennis, at 11:40 AM  

  • ...perhaps illusionist is more fitting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!