The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dean and Sandy to the Rescue

Officially, I want the record to reflect that I am deeply sorry for those affected by Hurricane Katrina and in no way do I take their situation lightly nor do I think what's happened is funny. I was merely being a wiseass, and more often than not, it's misconstrued. Basically, I am a total shit w/ a heart of gold. And I'm working on the total shit part.

Anyway, I got an email this morning from my old pal, Howard Dean, who I will love forever. As far as I'm concerned, he can "Yeeeehaw!" anytime he wants. (PS - Do the American ppl think that G.W. never Yeeehaw'd? He just didn't get caught. I envision him in the early 80s, reverse sneezing rails of blow, one after another, til he actually inhales the straw, or the rolled up hundred dollar bill and cries, "Yeeehaw!" as though he'd meant for his coke-sucking-device to get lodged in his nose.) Anyhow, Howard writes:

America is at its best when we realize that we are one community -- that we're all in this together. That means that each one of us has the responsibility to do what we can to help the relief effort.
The Red Cross is a great place to start:
http://www.redcross.org
They are already moving people and resources into the region to help. Donations will provide clean water, food, and shelter for disaster victims. The Red Cross web site also has important information for victims and their relatives across the country.

I'm reminding Sandra Bullock to send her usual million. We each sign the card.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Wednesday, August 31, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!