The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Like Sand Through The Hourglass...

...so are the many days that have passed w/ narry a peep from The Shan. Fret not, bitches. Nothing's wrong, except I don't think I've had anything to eat today. Scratch that, I know I haven't. Eh, there's a new pizza joint near my house. Chowing down crap food w/ no nutritional value late in the evening is a frequent occurrence, yet I still grab my spare tire and think, "Why won't this disappear?"

Anyway, I've been really fucking busy. To quote Kim Jong-il in TEAM AMERICA, "Do you have any idea how fucking busy I am?" That's really funny if you do the voice.

The best news ever:
Tomorrow night I hop on a plane bound for Chicago where I will celebrate w/ the real White Sox fans, the Southsiders, with whom I will only share a HI-Five. Beyond that, there'll be no intimacy be it spoken or more touching. Speak no evil, I never do. Touch no evil, that's my credo. More importantly, I get to see my cousin, Bill, who narrowly escaped death this summer. If I wasn't such good friends w/ God, willing to practice all kinds of pagan witchery shit and didn't know every Indian, er, Native American "don't let my cousin die, oh Big Hairy Sky" dance, he'd be reading this blog on another plane of existence. More cause to celebrate, my cousin Mary, who is the bravest person I know, who seriously has her shit together and never ceases to amaze me, is turning 30 on November 8th. Up my nose with a rubber hose should I fail to show up for that milestone. And my little brother, who's a grown man aged 28, far wiser and more savvy than I, bought his first home. He owns real estate. I don't own anything, rather, I OWE everyone. Ah, home, where my Mom makes me tea in the morning, and talks really quietly to me as I slowly leave R.E.M. to join the Day Already In Progress.

I plan to blog at Home (Chicago). Upcoming subjects include my impending business trip to Hong Kong in January, period underwear, and Reality vs. Big Dreams, particularly my 'real job' vs. my stand-up aspirations. Now, if that ain't worth the wait, well, then it isn't and you're stupid.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Wednesday, November 02, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!