The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! No, it's Giggle Girl!

Let me know if this is a potentially funny concept for a sketch: EXISTENTIALIST WEDDING and RECEPTION. For all you Camus worshipping, erudite, humorless bitches out there, yes, I am aware that an avowed Existentialist would never marry. Would you please willingly suspend your knowledge of philosophy? Pretty please? For the sake of all comedy!
I'm having one of those exceptional days when I feel like I've got Brilliantly Funny Mojo going on. For the most part, only assholes and idiots have felt this sensation and it's commonly called delusions of grandeur. And they'll corner you. The approach is quick, too quick to evade. "Hey, I got one for ya..." Put that in another context and you've got a viable sexual harassment suit. Sorry lay person, I want to put your head in a vice. Best to walk away as fast as you can. But for professionals, like myself, Funny Mojo feels like being an actual Superhero. Sign me on for X-Men 27, baby! Giggle Girl* can do no wrong. If I've got it pumpin' on stage, I have the power to improvise better jokes than the ones I'd prepared. The set builds into an orgasm of adoration. Giggle Girl is the only Superhero who serves the greater good when she 'kills.' (Get it? Huh? Is this thing on?)
I submit the following example of the Funny Mojo in action. I work in int'l sales and got an email request to provide the names of countries that needed to be included on a licensing contract. (My job is all thrill-a-minute like that.) Here's the full text of my response:
Add Mexico, Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, The Baltics (Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia), France, Germany, Greece, Japan, Latin America (ALL), PR, Atlantis, Mongolia, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Philippines, South Park, South Fork, Harper Valley, Melmack, Knots Landing, Cloud Nine, and Neverland. The Neverland rights must cover The Neverland Ranch.
See what I'm talking about? You have to believe it's magic. Nothing can stand in my way.
*I considered Good Humor Girl, but didn't like the ice cream association because it opens the door for a fat girl association. I don't want to be a fat Superhero looking all schlumpy standing next to Famke Janssen in X-Men 27. Being six feet shorter than her is enough.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Wednesday, February 22, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!