The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Has Jazz

I feel real fancy listening to Dinah Washington tunes. Like I got some class. I forget ever eating green beans out of a can, that I ever said, "The good fer nuthin' toilet in this trailer will be the death of me!"

Remember when Chevy Chase is on the plane in "European Vacation" and the stewardess asks him if he'd like his Coke in a can, and he goes, "No. I'll have it right here." Guess he didn't listen to any Dinah Washington.

Mel Torme's version of 'Too Darn Hot' is smooooooooooooooooth. Supper Club, dirty martini, tux-worthy jazz, ya swingin' hep cats.

You have to have a partner to dance to 'Too Darn Hot.' Let's say you two dance all close and real fast, break a sweat and hold that eye contact all night pretty soon it's 'Too Darn Hot,' am I right?

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Thursday, March 02, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!