The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Desperately Seeking Acknowledgement



I gave her one rule: When my schedule does not permit accompanying you on the red carpet, Do not go to big events w/out the life size poster board cut out of me!

It cost a lot of money and I only bought 3. She's accidentally left a couple in the limo.

"Not everyone gets residuals from LAW & ORDER repeats on TNT, Ms. Charmichael, Ms. Susan Wilson Video Voyeur," I remind her. She hates it when I do that, call her by the names of characters she's played. "I am a real person with real feelings. My name is Angie!" I think she fears that I don't really know her. Honestly. As though we never actually met and fell immediately head over heels in crazy love for each other. Like our intimate, passionate affair is just a figment of my imagination! Ha! Whatever, BAYWATCH NIGHTS' Ryan McBride.

Well, Angie, expect the SILENT TREATMENT for a while b/c I'm very upset. Emotionally devastated as a matter of fact. Why don't you ever show the slightest bit of respect for what we have together? This is a relationship, Angie. It goes both ways. I'm tired of being the one who GIVES and GIVES and GIVES.

When we cannot be together, I'm with you in spirit. I carry you in my soul, my heart. And you can carry me, too, in the form of a sturdy, glossy, foamcore display if you'd just remember to bring The Shan Stand with you! We look great together, honey, even if you're real and I'm 2 dimentional.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Thursday, May 04, 2006

1 Comments:

  • You're the woman behind the star, Shan. By not bringing the cut-outs, she's clearly acknowledging your presence in her heart.

    By Blogger claudia, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!