The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Friday, July 14, 2006

Sentinmental Surrender to Theme Songs

I had a weak moment while on iTunes today. Here's what I downloaded:

  1. "Endless Love," a duet between Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross from the movie Endless Love starring nubile Tom Cruise and Brooke Sheilds. They played teen sweethearts who had The Sex with each other.
  2. "Up Where We Belong" Yes, Virginia, another duet. This one features Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes and it's from the film An Officer and A Gentleman. "Way to go, Pam! Way to go!" "Mayonaise!"
  3. "I'd Die Without You," by P.M. Dawn from Eddie Murphy's Boomerang, a movie that told me I wasn't alone in my loathing of stank feet. Remember Grace Jones' perfume? "I call it 'AFTERBIRTH!'"

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Friday, July 14, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!