The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Temperature's Rising

It's January in New York City. The dead of winter should be upon us yet the temperature has not fallen to zero, not even overnight. During the daylight hours it's damn near 50. Over the holidays I traveled to Sweet Home Chicago and the weather situation there is pretty much the same. As a matter of fact the two NFL teams most accustomed to battling it out in conditions resembling a noreaster, the Green Bay Packers and my beloved Bears, played at Soldier Field on New Year's Eve. It should have been colder than my sex life but no. No folks, thermometers on the lake front hovered around 45. That's unthinkable! An Inconvenient Truth indeed.

So Jonathan Edwards was right. We're all gonna burn. Not in hell, though, but on the surface of the microwaveable earth.

I'm buying a Doppler 2000 and headin' back to the bottle.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Thursday, January 04, 2007

1 Comments:

  • OK, so your stinkin’ bears are doing well and actually have games scheduled in January, possibly February. Is that an excuse to leave your Blog fans void of any and all wit and wisdom? I don't know about the rest of your admirerers, but I'm feeling as disposable as a tampon, left in the trash can for the dog to find and drag around the house, only to be found by you and the hot date you've stumbled home with from, what I gather these days is a coffee shop. That’s so friggin’ humiliating! How do you explain that one to her without making it seem like it happens all the time? That’s why it’s best to avoid the situation all together. Get a hysterectomy, don’t keep dogs, and have her meet you at your home. I know my writing comes across as scattered and chaotic, possibly lacking sanity…and while this is the closest I’ll ever get to any type of stalking, I feel lost without your posts. What else am I supposed to do at work, listen to cheesy Van Hunt music on the smooth rock and R&B station??? And all the colored girls go…..”do do do do do….that’s my jam!”

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!