The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Friday, May 18, 2007

This is all for you Steve Nash!

Perhaps watching sports on TV isn't the best thing for me. I am a single woman in New York City. Tonight I've chosen to sit on my futon, on a beautiful Friday night and the Phoenix Suns (a team I love) are self-destructing right before my eyes. I'm emotionally invested in this game. Every missed shot, stupid foul or crap defensive effort causes stress and anger. I'm frustrated because it's somewhat pathetic. The whole scene here. I'm a lost cause, just like this elimination game ass beating:94 - 80 in the 4th quarter w/ 6:28 to go and I hate Tim Duncan, Tony Parker (Eva Longoria by association), Bruce Bowen, Manu Ginobli.

COME-BACK! COME-BACK! The lead has melted a bit. Phoenix Suns like a phoenix rising from the ashes? Could it be so? Please God, I want a game 7. That'll really give me an excuse to choose the futon yet again. How about a string of 3-pointers, God?

I'm going to invent the basketball equivalent of a rally cap. Pants on inside out? Keeping your hands in the air just like when you're on a rollercoaster?

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Friday, May 18, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!