The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Gorgeous

Idina Menzel sang the national anthem before the Giants/Pats game tonight. Usually I get really tense right before "and the rockets' red glare" because them are some dangerous notes. Those notes separate the men from the boys, the shit from the shineola, the playas from the played.

I know Idina's voice defies gravity. She's got some wicked pipes. (Cheese bucket allusions.) So I was actually excited to hear "and the rockets' red glare" because I knew she'd spank it. And spank it she did. Whoo-we! Her "Land of the freeeeeeeeeee" blew the roof off the joint. Wait, the Meadowlands doesn't have a roof. Well, you get my drift. Damn that girl can sing! At "home of the..." I held my breath b/c it was almost over. "...brave" I needed a cigarette. Too bad the sound of the broadcast sucked. The echo was a bitch, thus I didn't get the full girth of it. I hope someone recorded it.

I'm praying that the Giants win. I'm also recommending Menzel's new single, "Gorgeous." Lastly, I'm experiencing a little post-Cinnamon & Spice oatmeal gas. I only speak the troof.

posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Saturday, December 29, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!