The Shan Speaks: Notes from the Small but Wise

Monday, December 03, 2007

Kanye West Feels Me Down There

All a woman wants is to be loved and understood. Hence, I have fallen deeply, wildly, unabashedly, HOT HOT HOT, head over heels in love with Kanye West. Below are lyrics from the second verse of "Stronger."

Heard they'd do anything for a Klondike
Well I'd do anything for a blonde dyke
And she'll do anything for the limelight

Fame hungry blonde lesbian coming right up! Hark, my boo is calling for me! How romantic! Blonde dyke? I'm melting. Don't take this the wrong way, I've heard the entire Richard Marx catalog, and sure, I teared up (Hold on to the night...hold on to the meeeeeeemories). And Kylie Minouge pouring her soul into "La, la, la, la, la, la la, la. La, la, la, la, la, la, la." Play that twice and I slide out of my chair. Shakespeare's sonnets, too, hello? Beautiful shit, really. The man had a gift. But nothing prepared me for the moment I went from grabbing my crotch with one hand and waving the other in the air like I just didn't care, jammin' on the mic and getting mad stupid up in my house when--in iambic pentameter, no less--Kanye killed me softly with his words. He completed me. He had me at Klondike. Kanye makes me wanna be a better blonde dyke. One caveat: He's got be into S&M because it's always been a dream of mine to whip a black man and call him my bitch.




posted by Shannon E. Ennis at Monday, December 03, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites!